Updated July 29, 2021
From the very beginning of the pandemic Restoration has followed the guidance of the CDC to protect our congregation and community. We have enjoyed a season of relaxed guidelines for our worship service while the infection rates in out area were low but the rapid spread of the Delta variant has caused the CDC to release new guidance including for those who have been fully vaccinated.
- The CDC recommends that everyone wear a mask indoors in public if you live in an area of high transmission, which includes Dallas County.
- We strongly recommend that all worshippers, vaccinated or not, wear a mask to our worship service.
- We space our rows generously to allow space between worshippers and offer seating in the wings that can be reconfigured to provide additional distance.
- We process forward to receive Eucharist, allowing for space between worshippers. Once you have received the bread dipped in wine from the priest we ask that you step to the side before you briefly remove your mask to consume the elements. Gluten-free elements are available on request
- If you prefer to remain in your seat for communion we have prepackaged elements available in the entry area when you arrive for worship.
- Children are dismissed during the sermon for an age appropriate lesson. We ask that all adults and children over 2 years of age wear a mask. Everyone will sanitize their hands as they enter and sit on appropriately distanced “spot” during the lesson.
- If you have COVID symptoms or have been caring for someone with COVID please remain at home. We will continue to stream our service on Facebook for anyone who needs to stay home for worship.